About the Diocesan Annual Financial Report
Consistent with its policy of providing financial disclosure, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg has worked hard for many years to provide financial transparency. On February 19, 2020 the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Due to this ongoing process, we are unable to release financial statements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019 until this process is complete. The financial records of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Harrisburg will be made available through these proceedings. All documents related to the bankruptcy can be found at https://dm.epiq11.com/case/rcdh/info.
As we are committed to financial transparency, below are the consolidated financial statements for the fiscal years ended June 30, 2018 and 2017. These were prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and were audited by the independent certified public accounting firm McKonly and Asbury, LLP.
- Most Rev. Ronald W. Gainer – Bishop of Harrisburg
- Very Rev. David L. Danneker, Ph.D. – Vicar General, Diocese of Harrisburg
- Mr. Mark B. Glessner – Retired Certified Public Accountant Partner from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of Penn National Insurance and chairman of the Audit Committee
and a member of the Board of Directors of UPMC Pinnacle and chairman of the Finance Committee. Current Appointment Date: October 19, 2016.
- Ms. Lora A. Kulick, Esq. – Governor’s Office of General Counsel. Current Appointment Date: October 1, 2018
- Mr. Donald H. Nikolaus, Esq. – Consultant & Chairman at Donegal Mutual Insurance Company, former President and CEO of Donegal Mutual Insurance Company. Chairman of the Board at Le Mars Insurance Company, Sheboygan Falls Insurance Company, Michigan Insurance Company, Peninsula Indemnity Company, Southern Insurance Company of Virginia, Peninsula Insurance Company, and Conestoga Title Insurance Company. He also currently serves as an Executive Officer and Director of several Lancaster County-based water utilities. Current Appointment Date: October 1, 2018.
- Very Rev. Edward J. Quinlan – Secretary for Education / Pastor. Current Appointment Date: April 1, 2016.
- Mrs. Lisa Rohrer – A Stewardship Ministry Administrator with a BS in Accounting and years of experience in developing and implementing parish Stewardship Renewals. Current Appointment Date: October 1, 2018
- Mr. Kenneth R. Shutts – Retired President and CEO Penn National Insurance, a member of the Board of Directors of Penn National Insurance, a member of the Disciplinary Board for the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, past-Chairman of the Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, as well as a member of the Executive Advisory Committee of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America. Current Appointment Date: May 23, 2016.
- Mr. Donald Kaercher – CFO, Diocese of Harrisburg
- Mr. Chad Seiders – Controller, Diocese of Harrisburg
Secretariat for Administrative Services
Office of Parish and School Accounting
Office of Diocesan Accounting
Office of Accounts Payable
Office of Buildings and Properties
Office of Catholic Cemeteries
Office for Stewardship & Development
Office of Human Resources
Office of Information Technology
Office of Payroll and Benefits