Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Harrisburg supports their Catholic Schools by promoting the spiritual, academic, social, and physical development of students in an environment that is distinctly marked by the values of our Catholic faith.
Diocese of Harrisburg Catholic Schools
Find a Catholic School Near You
We believe your child is a gift from our loving God. We would love for you to become part of our community! Each school will be able to offer you a tour and also tell you about their admissions process and costs.
What sets our schools apart?
As the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Harrisburg, we envision education as a lifelong process that can actualize the full human and spiritual potential of all people, calling them to discover, internalize, proclaim, and live the Gospel message and to grow in faith.
- Every Child is a gift from God
- Parents are the primary educators of their children
- Teachers are a partner with the family in the educational process
- Every person must be treated with dignity, respect, and care
- The school is rooted in the life of the parish
Values Based Learning
Our schools are Christ-centered with a goal to provide the best spiritual formation for each child’s body, mind, and soul and to educate each student intellectually, spiritually, and morally.
Students in almost all our schools have access to a world class wide area network that brings untold educational resources and opportunities to them in well equipped classrooms.
Our schools are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and are members of the National Catholic Education Association. Catholic schools are unique faith-centered communities that integrate thinking and believing in ways that encourage intellectual growth and nurture faith and inspiration. They create a supportive and challenging climate which affirms the dignity of all persons within the school community.Please check out our schools.
- We offer an education that combines Catholic faith and teachings with academic excellence.
- We partner with parents in the faith formation of their children.
- We set high standards for student achievement and help them succeed.
- We provide a balanced academic curriculum that integrates faith, culture and life.
- We use technology effectively to enhance education.
- We instill in students the value of service to others.
- We teach children respect of self and others.
- We emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
- We prepare students to be productive citizens and future leaders.
- We have a 99 percent high school graduation rate. 85 percent of our graduates go to college.
- We cultivate a faculty and staff of people who are dedicated, caring and effective.
- We provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
A quality private Catholic education comes with a cost. Our schools work hard to offer the most affordable tuition possible for parents who want to make that choice. We are committed to making Catholic education an affordable option for families. Financial Aid and Scholarship programs are available to help with the cost of attending our schools.
Neumann Scholarship Foundation
The Neumann Scholarship Foundation provides financial assistance to families within the Diocese of Harrisburg who want to choose Catholic school education for their children, but do not have the financial resources to pay full tuition.
Golden Apple Award
Through the generosity and kindness of the Donahue Family foundation, the Golden Apple Award has been established to honor outstanding individuals who devote their lives to teaching in Catholic schools.
The Diocese of Harrisburg recognizes the unique responsibilities Catholic school educators have with regard to the holistic development of those students entrusted to their care. These educators are not only state-certified, but must also meet diocesan catechetical certification standards, which helps to ensure the integration of Gospel values and the Catholic Faith in all subject areas. As such, the Catholic school educator is a special person who guides students as they strive to reach their full intellectual and spiritual potential.
In light of the valuable contributions made by Catholic school educators to the Church and society, the Diocese of Harrisburg demonstrates its appreciation through the Golden Apple Award program.
All curriculum policies and procedures are established by the Office of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Harrisburg and are voluntarily consistent with the requirements of the Academic Standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The Instructional Support Advancement Committee raises funds to support the implementation of new programs, and expand existing programs in order to sustain Instructional Support for children with learning differences and special needs in grades K-12 throughout the Diocese of Harrisburg.
The committee serves as a resource and support system for families and will promote awareness to all key stakeholders in the Catholic Community.
- Rev. Peter Hahn, St Leo the Great
- Rev. James Lease, St Catherine Laboure
- David Rushinski, Harrisburg Catholic School
- Antoinette Oliverio, St Patrick School
- Vince Harper, Bishop McDevitt
- Loretta Witkowski, Corpus Christi School
- Adrienne Howe, Lancaster Catholic
- Jeffrey Hughes, Resurrection Catholic
- Kimberly Winters, St Joseph Danville
- Katie Seufert, York Catholic
- Eric Zeglen, Shippensburg University
- Terry Kerwin, Counsel, Kerwin and Kerwin
- Daniel Breen, Secretary of Education and Superintendent of Catholic Schools, ex officio
- Margaret Barrett, Associate Superintendent of Catholic Schools, ex officio
The Catholic schools in the diocese are operated as faith communities, not as a commercial or secular enterprise. The schools provide an opportunity for the development of faith-based values and for receiving instruction in the teachings of Christ and His Church.
- Community Policies
- Administrative Policies
- Business Policies
- Personnel Policies
- Personnel Benefits Policies
- Student Policies
- Curriculum Policies
- Student Accident Insurance
Please use the below link to find the COVID-19 Acknowledgement for parents and/or guardians of students enrolled in a Catholic school in the Diocese of Harrisburg for the 2021-22 year.
The schools in the Diocese of Harrisburg recognize that student wellness and proper nutrition are related to students’ physical well-being, growth, development and readiness to learn. The Diocese of Harrisburg Office of Education is committed to providing a school environment that promotes student wellness, proper nutrition, nutrition education and promotion, and regular physical activity as part of the total learning experience.
An Introduction to Service as a Teacher in the Diocese of Harrisburg – part 1 of 2
An Introduction to Service as a Teacher in the Diocese of Harrisburg – part 2 of 2