- This event has passed.
March 16 @ 6:00 pm
Join us on Thursday, March 16 at 6 p.m. at Saint Patrick Cathedral, Harrisburg, for Holy Mass for the Solemnity of Saint Patrick. During the Mass, the Most Rev. Ronald W. Gainer, Bishop of Harrisburg, will present the Diocesan Lorica Awards. This award recognizes lay members for their exemplary service to the local Church, especially those who have “bound to your heart” the strength of the Triune God through integrity of faith and generosity of service.
Bishop Ronald W. Gainer is pleased to announce the 2023 Diocesan Lorica Award winners from across the Diocese of Harrisburg:
- Melissa Batula (Our Lady of Fatima, Jonestown)
- Maureen Heberle (Saint Matthew, Dauphin)
- Andrew Matragrano (Saint Joseph, Danville)
- Eileen Pannell (Sacred Heart of Jesus, Lewisburg)
- Jeff Pautz (Saint Patrick, York)
- Robert Quinlivan (Our Lady of Lourdes, New Holland)
- Patricia Reichart (Immaculate Conception, New Oxford)
- Patricia Renaut (Immaculate Heart of Mary, Abbottstown)
- Patricia Wondoloski (Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, Elysburg)
- William Woodward (Saint Theresa, New Cumberland)
The Lorica Award is bestowed annually by the Bishop of the Diocese of Harrisburg upon lay persons who have contributed significantly to the life of the local Church and exemplified the Catholic Christian way of life. Named after the renowned prayer attributed to Saint Patrick, the recipient has demonstrated clearly that they have “bound to their heart” the strength of the Triune God through integrity of faith and generosity in service so that it might truly be said of them, “Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of every one who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me.”
This year, the Lorica will be awarded during Holy Mass for the Solemnity of Saint Patrick on Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at Saint Patrick Cathedral, Harrisburg. All are welcomed to attend this celebration, especially the fellow parishioners of the award recipients. A light reception will follow.