- This event has passed.
March for Life
The 47th Annual March for Life Rally will take place on January 24, 2020 at noon at 12th St. on the National Mall, in between Madison Drive and Jefferson Drive. Following the Rally, the March will begin on Constitution Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Local Buses Traveling to the March for Life
- Local March for Life Events
- Travel Tips for Going to the March for Life
11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Musical opening
12:00 p.m. Rally Program
1:00 p.m. March up Constitution Avenue to Supreme Court and Capitol Building
3:00 p.m. After finishing marching:
Silent No More testimonies outside U.S. Supreme Court.
Advocate for life to your Representative or Senators.
12th St. on the National Mall, in between Madison Drive and Jefferson Drive. Following the Rally, the March will begin on Constitution Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets at approximately 1:00 pm.
Please use the Metro to arrive at the rally site. Recommend locations: Federal Triangle, Smithsonian, Metro Center. For metro info: https://www.wmata.com/fares/smartrip/.
(Check out the March for Life map — you can print off paper copies)
Have your metro card easily accessible, before you enter the station. Metro Stations are crowded during rush hour, and even more crowded on the March for Life, during rush hour. Keep in mind that in the Washington Metro system, you need to tap in and tap out of their faregates. One way to alleviate long lines, and avoid the frustration of fellow metro riders is to have your metro card ready, in your hand, before you enter the line for the faregate. Also you do not need to wait for the gates to close after the person in front of you walks through, just ensure you tap your card to the SmarTrip target and proceed through the gate.
- While walking and riding the metro in D.C., please be respectful of residents and commuters. Let’s show the nation’s capital how passionate and polite and respectful pro-lifers really are!
- Do not leave trash or signs on the grounds of the National Mall, Supreme Court, or Capitol.
- This is our nation’s capital and we should treat it with dignity and respect. If trash bins are full, please carry your trash or sign with you until you find an available trash bin.
- Do not engage with counter-protesters. If they try to engage you, ignore them as best you can. However if you are comfortable doing, so use your phone to video the situation. This is for your protection.
- Once again, please be respectful of all people and stay focused on the cause of promoting and celebrating life, lovingly and graciously.