Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Harrisburg, PA, has an immediate opening for a full time Executive Director. Catholic Charities is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization and provides social services to the residents of the 15 counties that comprise the Diocese of Harrisburg. The Agency has a $7 million budget and has approximately 160 full time equivalent employees. The Executive Director reports to the Bishop of Harrisburg and is guided by the Catholic Charities Board of Directors. Responsibilities include Leadership, Administration, Program Review, Budgeting, Fundraising, Contract Administration and Community Outreach. Candidate must be a Catholic in good standing. Additionally, ChildLine, State Police and FBI clearances are required. Catholic Charities provides a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a company matching 401(k) program. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to CCEDsearch@hbgdiocese.org.
Full Job Description
Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Harrisburg provides hope, help and support to thousands of families each year, regardless of their faith. We deliver critical services, with programs ranging from maternity homes, adoption and foster care, counseling services, addiction support, alternative schools for struggling youth, and services for immigrants and refugees.
Although the majority of Catholic Charities’ clients are not Catholic, our guiding beliefs are firmly rooted in our faith:
• We respect every human life.
• We believe in the central role of marriage and family in society.
• We are committed to providing high quality services to individuals, children, youth, married couples, families and the elderly.
For additional information on Catholic Charities in the Diocese of Harrisburg, please visit www.cchbg.org. The Diocese of Harrisburg encompasses the 15 counties in Central Pennsylvania and serves nearly 230,000 Catholics.
The Diocese of Harrisburg has an immediate opening for the Executive Director of Catholic Charities. The Executive Director plans, develops, implements, manages and evaluates all charitable and social services of this multi-faceted Catholic social service agency operating in the Diocese of Harrisburg. We are seeking a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with knowledge of Church Ethical Teachings and Religious Directives. As the organizational leader of Catholic Charities, which is an independent 501 (c) (3) organization, the Executive Director is appointed by and reports to the Bishop of Harrisburg while being guided by the Catholic Charities Board of Directors.
• Assertive in reviewing all programming of Catholic Charities and ensures the effective operation of the organization while meeting vision, mission, and values of the Diocese.
• Values the challenges and opportunities of leading a management level executive team with overall responsibility for a total staff of approximately 160.
• Uses organizational data and input from staff, Board, and community resources for the purpose of identifying unmet needs within the community.
• Self-confident in serving as a member of the Bishop’s staff, providing reports to keep the Bishop and his delegates apprised of Catholic Charities activities and community needs.
• Attracts and retains appropriate staff, optimizes organizational structure, oversees recruiting, training, professional development, and staff evaluation.
• Consistently promotes Catholic Charities with the Diocese’s Catholic community and general public to promote its services and foster economic support.
• Takes initiative in managing the preparation, revision, and monitoring of the annual operating budgets and certifies that program activity and staffing remain within budgetary limits.
• Works with the External Audit Firm to ensure that the Agency is in compliance at all times and there are no deficiencies or material weaknesses with the financial accounting systems and procedures.
• Manages and assures the Agency compliance with all applicable contractual, professional, governmental and accreditation standards as well as ensure compliance with all appropriate Federal, State and Local Human Resources payroll rules and regulations.
• Proactively leads the conversations and initiatives for cultivating and expanding Fund Raising and Revenue Opportunities through active community and stakeholder engagement.
• Innovates ways to create new funding and operational solutions.
• Master’s Degree, or the equivalent experience, preferably in the Social Services or related areas from an accredited university.
• Minimum of 10 years business and/or social services related experience.
• Driven to get things done based on a strong business background blended with social work, proven leadership ability, communications skills and organizational development.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with a positive response to pressure.
• Demonstrated experience in building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture that will enhance the ability of Catholic Charities to fulfill its mission.
• Quick to connect. Strong interpersonal skills needed to engage effectively with both internal and external constituencies including funders, private businesses, community leaders, board members, donors, volunteers, families and clients. Enthusiastic and fluent communicator.
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Demonstrated experience in defining strategy, setting organizational expectations, and executing to meet organizational goals.
• The ability to quickly assess and identify issues and situations of significance to the social welfare of the people of the region within the Harrisburg Diocese and recommend appropriate actions to address. Likes to take initiative.
• Strong background and understanding of Church Teachings and Ethical and Religious Directives.
• Experience with Community engagement and successful execution of fund raising and revenue generating strategies.
• Experience in working with Catholic Organizational hierarchy at the Parish or Diocesan level.
• Ability to articulate and exemplify the Mission of Catholic Charities at Community, Diocesan, Parish, Local, State and National meetings.
Resumes and salary requirements should be submitted by email to CCEDsearch@hbgdiocese.org.
To apply for this job email your details to CCEDsearch@hbgdiocese.org