The Communications Office of the Diocese of Harrisburg works for the Bishop to ensure a clear, consistent message is delivered regarding the work of the Diocese, its offices and ministries, and the local Catholic Church. As a result, the following guidelines are in place:
Guidelines for Media Inquiries
- All media inquiries/requests must go through the Diocese of Harrisburg’s Office of Communications and should be directed to:
Executive Director of Public Relations
(717) 657-4804 ext 235 or (717) 300-0146
- Members of the media wishing access to any Diocesan properties must have permission from the Diocesan Communications Office prior to arriving.
- Members of the media wishing access to any parish or school properties must have permission from the local pastor/school principal prior to arriving.
- If a reporter, photographer, or video crew arrives unexpectedly to any Diocesan properties and/or parish or school properties, the Executive Director and/or pastor or principal will be contacted before allowing the media access to the building/property.