The Hispanic Apostolate seeks to provide spiritual and pastoral services to the Hispanic community of the diocese. Currently our growing community is significantly represented in ten parishes in the diocese.
The Hispanic Apostolate
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Patroness of the Americas Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, Patrona de las Américas
The Diocesan Hispanic Ministry is guided by the Hispanic Apostolate. Members of the Apostolate include pastors, parochial vicars, deacons and sisters who have been assigned by the Bishop. Each pastor may also choose for membership an additional parish representative who serves the Hispanic community in a recognized pastoral role.
El Ministerio Hispano Diocesano es guidado por el Apostolado Hispano. Miembros del Apostolado incluye pastores, vicarios, diáconos y hermanas que han sido asignados por el Obispo. Cada pastor puede seleccionar para membresía un representante adicional para su parroquia que sirva a la comunidad hispana.
El Apostolado Hispano busca proveer servicios pastorales y espirituales a la comunidad hispana de la diócesis. Actualmente nuestra creciente comunidad es mayormente representada en diez parroquias en la diócesis. El Ministerio Hispano es parte de la Oficina de Ministerios Multiculturales.
The Pastoral Juvenil Council (PJC) of the Diocese of Harrisburg is the body that brings together all groups of Hispanic youth. The PJC members are the voice of the young people in our diocese and they exercise prayerful leadership.
The PJC meets regularly to plan, organize, and promote events. These events and meetings are created to help our youth reach spiritual maturity.
The structure of the PJC’s calendar is as follows:
- Three meetings designed to form our youth on discipleship. Those members who participate in all three meetings will receive a Youth Discipleship Certificate at the end of the fiscal year.
- Service projects
- The opportunity to meet likeminded young people and make lasting friendships.
Main functions of the Pastoral Juvenil Council are as follows:
- Organize, carry out, and promote youth activities
- Accommodate, evaluate, and support youth initiatives
- Collaborate with initiatives of the Diocese and its Hispanic Apostolate, V Encuentro team and Diocesan Office of Youth Ministry