As of November 28, 2017, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania changed to a new digital fingerprint program vendor – IDEMIA (MorphoTrust USA) – for Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) background checks.
Applicants must complete pre-enrollment through IDEMIA (MorphoTrust USA) IdentoGO prior to being fingerprinted. Registration may be completed either online 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at https://uenroll.identogo.com/ or by phone Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm EST at 1-844-321-2101.
IdentoGO State Agency Enrollment Center Locations and Hours: https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania
IDEMIA’s Universal Enrollment Platform (UEP) has assigned a six-digit agency specific Service Code to ensure applicant fingerprints are processed for the correct agency and or/applicant type. The following Service Codes apply specifically to Diocese of Harrisburg applicants. Applicants should select the appropriate Service Code below which best describes their primary function in the Diocese.
NOTE: FBI fingerprinting completed for volunteer purposes cannot be used for employment purposes.
|SERVICE CODE||APPLICANT TYPE||APPLICANT DESCRIPTION||DEPARTMENT||FEE|
|1KG6TR||Non-Public Schools||NEW / CURRENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES|
- Priests assigned to Catholic Schools
- Deacons assigned to Catholic Schools
- Those in Consecrated Life whose ministry is within Catholic Schools
- Adult and Minor (ages 14-17) Employees of Catholic Schools – i.e. Principals, Educators, Support / Administrative Staff
- Catholic School Vendors
|PA Department of Education||$22.60|
|1KG6Y3||PDE Volunteer||NEW / CURRENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS|
- Adult Volunteers of Catholic Schools who have direct volunteer contact with children / vulnerable adults and have not been continuous residents of Pennsylvania for the past ten (10) years
|PA Department of Education||$21.35|
|1KG738||Child Care Services/Program Employee or Contractor||NEW / CURRENT CATHOLIC CHARITIES EMPLOYEES (NON-CATHOLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEE)|
- Catholic Charities of Harrisburg Employees
- Catholic Charities of Harrisburg Vendors
|PA Department of Human Services||$22.60|
|1KG756||Employee >=14 Years Contact w/ Children||NEW / CURRENT NON-CATHOLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES|
- Those in Consecrated Life whose ministry is within Parishes and have direct contact with children / vulnerable adults
- Adult and Minor (ages 14-17) Employees of a Parish, Mission or Other Institution Affiliated with the Diocese having direct contact with children / vulnerable adults
- Adult and Minor (ages 14-17) Employees of a Parish, Mission or Other Institution Affiliated with the Diocese who have not been continuous residents of Pennsylvania for the past ten (10) years
- Vendors of a Parish, Mission or Other Institution Affiliated with the Diocese having direct contact with children / vulnerable adults
|PA Department of Human Services||$22.60|
|1KG6ZJ||DHS Volunteer||NEW / CURRENT NON-CATHOLIC SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS|
- Seminarian Applicants
- Permanent Deacon Candidates
- Catholic Charities of Harrisburg Volunteers
- Adult Volunteers of a Parish, Mission or Other Institution Affiliated with the Diocese who have direct volunteer contact with children / vulnerable adults and have not been continuous residents of Pennsylvania for the past ten (10) years
|PA Department of Human Services||$21.35|
Payment will only be made at the IdentoGO State Agency Enrollment Center when the applicant goes to be fingerprinted – payment will not be accepted during registration.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), Money Order and Business Check
NOTE: Credit Cards must display the name of the applicant in order to be accepted for payment. The individual whose name is on the credit card must be present during the transaction.
The Diocese of Harrisburg does not provide payment authorization codes as a form of payment – applicants must provide a method of payment for themselves.
Applicants must provide at least one of the following identification documents listed below to the Enrollment Agent (EA) at the enrollment appointment.
If the name which the applicant is enrolling under does not match the name on the identification document, additional identification documentation must be provided proving how the name which the applicant is enrolling under changed from the full legal name on the documents.
- Driver’s License issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- Driver’s License PERMIT issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency or by a Territory of the United States
- State ID Card (or outlying possession of the U.S.) with a seal or logo from State or State Agency
- Commercial Driver’s License issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S.
- Canadian Driver’s License
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- Employment Authorization Card/ Document (I-766) with Photo
- Foreign Driver’s License (Mexico and Canada only)
- Foreign passport
- Military Dependent’s Identification Card
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- U.S. Coastguard Merchant Mariner Card
- U.S. Military Identification Card
- U.S. Passport
- Enhanced Tribal Identification Card (for federally recognized U.S. tribes)
- U.S. Visa issued by the U.S. Department of Consular Affairs for travel to or within, or residence within, the United States
- Uniformed Services Identification Card (Form DD-1172-2)
- Photo ID Waiver for Minors and U.S. Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
- Phones may not be permitted near the Live Scan fingerprinting equipment by Enrollment Agent (EA) staff.
- Photo identification documentation is scanned into the system and then verified by the EA.
- Applicant fingerprints will be captured electronically by rolling all ten (10) fingerprints across a glass plate.
- A photograph of the applicant may be taken by the EA.
- Method of payment will be scanned and compared to photo identification document.
- Applicant will receive a receipt with electronic signature payment authorization and Universal Enrollment (UE) ID.
- The entire fingerprint capture process will take about 10-15 minutes. It is highly advised that applicants schedule an appointment during pre-enrollment registration, as scheduled appointments take priority over walk-ins.
PASafeCheck is the Live Scan system which IDEIMA will use to process applicant digital fingerprint background checks. Applicants must present their Universal Enrollment ID (UE ID) to the employer or volunteer organization. A receipt containing the UE ID will be emailed to the applicant after pre-registration as well as after fingerprinting has been completed at the IdentoGO State Agency Enrollment Center. This process allows applicants to provide multiple potential school employers/volunteer organizations with their UE ID, as the number is not assigned to a specific entity.
Applicants will receive an unofficial copy of their fingerprint results; however, the employer/volunteer organization is required to review the official FBI Fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) and print a copy for record purposes if hired/volunteering.
Fingerprint results will now be maintained by IDEMIA for five (5) years from the date of the report, after which the report is then destroyed.
In cases where fingerprints cannot be obtained, IDEMIA will notify the applicant via email of the need to be re-fingerprinted at no cost. If the applicant’s fingerprints are unable to be transmitted electronically by IDEMIA to the FBI a second time, a name check process will be instituted and the applicant will receive a letter within about 4-6 weeks containing the name check results which must be presented to the employer/volunteer organization.