The Catholic Witness
4800 Union Deposit Road
Harrisburg PA 17111-3710
Fax: 717-657-POPE (7673)
Guideline Information for all Submissions
Submitted Announcements for Upcoming Events must be received at least 10 calendar days prior to the issue date. (Refer to the Publication Schedule). The Catholic Witness cannot make exceptions for late-arriving material. The Publication Schedule lists deadline dates for each issue date in 2020.
- All requests are considered, however, they are subject to editing, and their publication in requested issues cannot always be guaranteed.
- The Catholic Witness promotes only those events hosted or sponsored by a diocesan office, ministry, parish or school.
- Boxed announcements or ads are typically reserved for events directly sponsored or overseen by a diocesan office. We do not accept paid advertisements.
- Submitted items must be typed or handwritten. No ads, flyers or PDFs, please.
Event Coverage may be requested. Advance notice is preferred. Contact Jennifer Reed, managing editor, via e-mail or via telephone at 717-657-4804 ext 209. All requests are considered, however, coverage is at the discretion of the editors.
Notebook Event Announcements: Diocesan, parish, school and organization events, courses, retreats, pilgrimages, and special liturgies. To accommodate the large number of requests, submissions cannot be guaranteed to be published in more than 2 issues. Only those events hosted or sponsored by a diocesan ministry, parish or school will be promoted.
Obituaries: Parishes are encouraged to submit names of deceased parishioners via parish bulletins, mail, e-mail or fax. We request that parishes submit only the names of their own parishioners.
Achievements and Events: Follow-up photos and articles about school or classroom activities, as well as news about recognition and special activities of groups, organizations and individuals. Follow-up news and photos about charitable activities is also welcome.
Articles and Commentaries
The Catholic Witness does not publish Letters to the Editor. Commentaries and articles by contributors are accepted on occasion, but must first be arranged with the managing editor, and may be subject to editing. Unsolicited articles are not guaranteed for publication.
Photo Submission Requirements
- Photos: Clear photos, with a description of the picture. Publication of submitted photos is at the discretion of the editors.
- Digital photo(s): Must be a minimum 300 dpi resolution and at least a medium sized JPEG setting in order to be considered for publication. Dark/grainy photos will not reprint well.