The Catholic Witness
4800 Union Deposit Road
Harrisburg PA 17111-3710
Fax: 717-657-POPE (7673)
Deadline Information for all Submissions
Submitted Announcements for Upcoming Events must be received at least 10 calendar days prior to the issue date. (Refer to the Publication Schedule). The Catholic Witness cannot make exceptions for late-arriving material. The Publication Schedule lists deadline dates for each issue date in 2017. All requests are considered, however, they are subject to editing, and their publication in requested issues cannot always be guaranteed.
- The Catholic Witness promotes only those events hosted or sponsored by a diocesan office, ministry, parish or school.
- Boxed announcements or ads are reserved for events directly sponsored or overseen by a diocesan office.
- Submitted items be must include the name of a contact and a daytime telephone number.
Event Coverage may be requested. Advance notice is preferred. Contact Jen Reed via e-mail or via telephone at 717-657-4804 ext 209. All requests are considered, however, coverage is at the discretion of the editors.
Diocesan Notebook: Diocesan, parish, school and organization events, courses, retreats, pilgrimages, and special liturgies. To accommodate the large number of requests, submissions cannot be guaranteed to be published in more than 2 issues. Only those events hosted or sponsored by a diocesan ministry, parish or school will be promoted.
Obituaries: Parishes are encouraged to submit names of deceased parishioners via parish bulletins, mail, e-mail or fax. We request that parishes submit only the names of their own parishioners.
Sports: On-field or academic achievement, college intent signing and other noteworthy accomplishments of individual Catholic athletes or teams on the public or parochial elementary, high school or college level. News of fund-raising or charitable activities is also welcome.
Photos may be submitted, but are not guaranteed for publication. Please see submission requirements below for further details.
Photo Submission Requirements
Photos: Can be black and white or color, color preferred. Publication of submitted photos is at the discretion of the editors.
- Caption(s): Provide the photographer’s name and the parish/school and town. Identify the persons in the photo.
- Digital photo(s): Received via e-mail or CD MUST be minimum 300 dpi resolution and at least a medium sized jpeg setting. All files received must be in jpeg format captured at a high or fine quality setting on the camera.
- Printed photos: Can be submitted in either color or black and white restricted in size to no larger than 8 x 10.