The Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia assists the diocesan bishop in coordinating the pastoral governance and ministries of the Diocese of Harrisburg. Working closely with the diocesan bishop and other members of the diocesan administration, he is charged with leading the diocesan offices and ministries in the fulfillment of pastoral goals and objectives set forth by the diocesan bishop.
Coordinating the pastoral governance and ministries
Very Reverend William C. Forrey, VG
Moderator of the Curia
Fulfillment of Pastoral Goals
The Office of the Vicar General includes the following offices:
- Ecumenical and Inter-religious Affairs
- Legal Counsel
- Pontifical Missions
- Youth Protection
Additionally, the Vicar General assists the diocesan bishop in his role as Trustee of the real property of the diocese and the parishes within the diocese.
The Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia works closely with the College of Consultors in assisting the diocesan bishop with the temporal administration of the diocese and with the College of Deans in coordinating common pastoral activity among the parishes of the diocese.
College of Deans
- Adams Deanery – Reverend Monsignor James M. Lyons, V.F.
- Cumberland/Perry Deanery – Very Reverend J. Thomas Rozman, V.F.
- Dauphin Deanery – Very Reverend Edward J. Quinlan, V.F.
- Franklin Deanery – Very Reverend Allan F. Wolfe, VF
- North Lancaster Deanery – Very Reverend Steven W Fauser, V.F.
- South Lancaster Deanery – Very Reverend Peter I. Hahn, V.F.
- Lebanon Deanery – Very Reverend Anthony R. Dill, V.F.
- Northern Deanery – Very Reverend Timothy D Marcoe, V.F.
- Northumberland Deanery – Very Reverend Martin Kobos, OFM Conv. V.F.
- York Deanery – Very Reverend John B. Bateman, VF